Age Restriction: 18+
Have you been thinking about exercising more but unable to find the motivation? The Wisconsin Humane Society is full of dogs who would love to be your next running partner! Once trained, volunteers in the Pack Runners program can "check out" adoptable dogs to go for runs (or walks - no one is judging). The dogs get a break from the stress of their kennels, much-needed exercise, and an opportunity to meet new people. Volunteers benefit from the runner's high, as well as, the warm fuzzies from helping a dog in need. If you are ready to lace up your running shoes, please contact Katie at email@example.com or 920-469-3110 ext. 117.
Here are the basic rules to qualify to be a “Pack Runner”:
- Volunteers need to attend a two-hour behavior orientation and training session
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Volunteers can only take dogs out for runs when temperatures are between 34 and 84 degrees
- Volunteers can run dogs Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-5pm, and Sun 8am-12pm/4-6pm
- Volunteers must bring a cell phone with them